As an everyday user of hair products, we know that it all adds up when purchasing. We know how expensive it gets, and we understand that sometimes you may think, is it even worth it?
We have tried various types of men’s hair products from hair gels, to hair wax, to even styling cream! It took us a long time to find something that suited, but finally, we found the perfect men’s hair product that caters to the average man’s everyday needs no matter what the weather or occasion.
When you think of pomade, most people will probably first see it as a type of wax. This is correct, as traditional pomade is a thick, waxy and oil based hair product that has a slick and shiny finish. If you are someone who needs a hair style to keep its form, whether it is to keep curls defined or keep it straight, pomade is the perfect product to use!
Unlike other hair products such as gel or mouse which can dry out your hair, create dandruff and contribute to hair loss, pomade is able to achieve a shiny, wet-like and textured finish and maintain hold for a long period of time without the cause for flakiness and hardening. In your daily meetings, or even when you are just doing daily chores/activities, if you’re hair leaves its form, pomade allows it to be reworked into the style of your choosing. How is this possible? Well, as mentioned before pomade provides great hold over a long period of time, but another characteristic of pomade is its feature of not drying out allowing it to be pliable and flexible!
Different pomade for different needs
Now-a-days pomade can come in different, bases, holds and finishes allowing for a pomade for every type of hair style and hair need. Depending on the style you want to achieve, pomades will be able to cater as they can be water, oil, petroleum, or wax based. There are also various holds, ranging from a light hold to strong hold for the numerous hair types. In addition to this, we can choose from different types of finishes, such as matte, low, medium or high shine.
With all these pomade variations, we are able to accurately achieve the style we want no matter what our hair type is, without turning to other products! Trying to achieve the hairstyle of your choosing takes time (and a lot of trial and error!), although below is a summary for what some of the other hair products can offer you.
- Mousse – This type of hair product is good for a light hold, although your hair will appear thicker due to the chemicals that surround your hair strands
- Gel – If you want to keep your hair in place, then gel is the way to go. In saying this, it will make your hair look really greasy and you will have locks of hair that are as stiff as cardboard.
- Pomade – In terms of an all-around choice, pomade is the hair product to pursue as it has various types/holds/finishes and offers different results depending on how you use it.
Who can use Pomade?
As mentioned previously there are various types of pomades on the market, meaning that there will be a pomade product for any style you want to achieve no matter what your hair type. Your hair can be curly, wavy, straight, thin, thick, short, long you name it, and there will be a pomade for you.
Pomade can also be applied when your hair is wet, dry or damp allowing you flexibility in its uses. In saying this, certain pomades will be catered to achieve certain hairstyles and some perform better when applied wet, damp or dry.
Below is a beginners list of things to do when using Pomade:
- Warm up pomade in your hands so there is an even distribution of pomade throughout your hair (this also makes the pomade more pliable)
- Start off small when adding pomade as, you can always add more later. This will be a hassle to take out if you add too much, not to mention it will look bad.
- Read the instructions for your pomade product as different pomades may be best suited when handled a certain way. Hopefully before you purchased the product you know the hair style you want to achieve and chose the right product.
Pomade is a great hair product and offers numerous types for the various hair types and style people want to achieve. The ways you can apply pomade to your hair is endless and therefore it is important you understand your hair and the type of style you want to achieve. Please feel free to browse around and see the many pomades available!
- Looking for a type of Hair Finish? CLICK HERE
- Looking for a type of Hold Strength? CLICK HERE
- Looking for a type of Pomade Base? CLICK HERE